We have the perfect recipe for you this thanksgiving! Everyone at farm discovery loved this one it turns your butternut squash into candy!
- 1 Butternut squash
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper
- ½ tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ tablespoon Nutmeg
- ¼ Cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons butter Chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice squash lengthwise, peel and remove seeds
- Place on baking sheet cut side down, rub with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast for 15 to 20 min until just tender
- Let squash cool slightly
- Make tiny slices in the squash about 1/8 in apart. Make sure you do not cut all the way through, to help with this, place a butter knife on each side of the squash to stop your knife from cutting all the way through.
- Drizzle the squash with olive oil, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and roast for 20 min
- While the squash is roasting prepare glaze. Place butter, maple syrup, and pecans in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, remove and let cool
- After 20 minutes, remove the squash and drizzle with half the maple pecan glaze, then roast for another 20-30 minutes until fork tender
- To serve, move squash to a serving plate and drizzle remaining glaze on the squash.