The Family Farm Walk provides your family or quarantine household a place and time to experience nature, to smell, see, taste, touch, and hear all this organic farm and its wild spaces have to offer. In this way, we will set the stage for our children to develop their own healthy relationships with nature, food and exercise.
The admission donation gives you private access to the upper farm and will help our nonprofit organization weather the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis. Additional funds gifted will support our produce donation program to vulnerable families in our community or our summer farm care program for working families.
We are now allowing berry picking with a few ground rules. Please do the following to make this a safe and pleasurable experience for all:
- read the signage
- wear a mask while picking
- drop your scraps in the bucket (not the field), then bring the bucket along to share with the hens)
- pick overripe fruit and leave in the rows to decompose (this is a service to our fields and will help the plants prodice more berries for your next visit)
- step only between beds and not in the strawberry beds
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your family needs a scholarship.
Along the tour route you will find:
- hilly paths to walk, run and skip along
- chicks and laying hens
- Pygmy goats
- a swaled hillside featuring citrus, grapes, pineapple guava and a frog pond (our favorite place on the farm for 5 senses exploration and hide and seek)
- a pony corral
- a cow named Bella and her friend, a pig named Lucky
- Discovery and permaculture gardens
- a beautiful picnic platform with a view
What to Bring:
- Water/ water bottles (there is plenty of potable water around the farm for refills)
- Close-toed shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Baby carrier/stroller