The Family Farm Walk provides your family or quarantine household a place and time to experience nature, to smell, see, taste, touch, and hear all this organic farm and its wild spaces have to offer. In this way, we will set the stage for our children to develop their own healthy relationships with nature, food and exercise.
The $20 admission donation gives you private access to the upper farm and will help our nonprofit organization weather the challenges of the COVID-19 crisis. Additional funds gifted will support our produce donation program to vulnerable families in our community or our summer farm care program for working families.
Along the tour route you will find:
- hilly paths to walk, run and skip along
- chicks and laying hens
- Pygmy goats
- a swaled hillside featuring citrus, grapes, pineapple guava and a frog pond (our favorite place on the farm for 5 senses exploration and hide and seek)
- a pony corral
- a cow named Bella and her friend, a pig named Lucky
- Discovery and permaculture gardens
- a beautiful picnic platform with a view
Usually, we encourage folks to pick seasonal fruits and vegetables along the way. In order to ensure health and safety, we will leave you a basket of berries or other farm fresh produce to enjoy on your walk.
Cost is $20 per family, please email email@example.com if your family needs a scholarship.
What to Bring:
- Water/ water bottles (there is plenty of potable water around the farm for refills)
- Close-toed shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Baby carrier/stroller
Farms are dynamic places. Some of these features will be at their best during certain times of year. Visit us often to watch the changes.