Workshops & Special Events
never miss a sign up, discount or fun on the farm
subscribe to program & event updates:
text “discovery” to 51555
Spring Culinary Series
Eyes of the Farmer Tour &
Wood Fired Pizza Making
Saturday, June 29, 1pm-5pm – Vegan French Baking & Wine Pairing Class: Sweet and Savory Tarts & Galettes
June 29th 1-5pm at Farm Discovery at Live Earth Farm
Join Chef Ellie of Lavender Design + Cuisine at Farm Discovery for a delicious journey to Provence, France! In this delicious hands-on vegan baking class (dairy & egg-free, but not gluten/nut-free), you’ll make:
1. Strawberry Lavender Tart w/ Crushed Pistachios
2. Summer Vegetables Tart w/ Herbes de Provence
3. Plum Almond Orange Lavender Galette
4. Heirloom Cherry Tomato Galette w/ Basil-Lemon-Pistachio Pesto
5. Baby Greens, Fennel, Orange & Radish Salad with a delightful citrus-herb dressing composed of extra virgin olive oil, Meyer lemon, orange juice & rind and fresh herbs.
You’ll enjoy your artisanal culinary creations with McBride Sisters’ delicious wine, the Truvee Red Blend Central Coast 2013 and organic French dark roast coffee.
All students in this class will enjoy a delightful tour of the Farm Discovery at Live Earth’s beautiful organic garden before the start of the class. They’ll also enjoy purchasing fresh organic produce such as berries, summer veggies, herbs and flowers available for sale in the class.
Class fee is $175.00 and includes a bottle of the Truvee Red Blend Central Coast 2013 and a small bag of organic culinary lavender. Class runs for 4 hours and is limited to 10 students to ensure the most spectacular experience for all. Since, space is limited, early registration is highly encouraged.
Sat. March 23th & Sun. 24th
Sat. April 27th & Sun. 28th