Nothing quite like the sweetness you get when you bite into a perfectly ripe strawberry. That flavor is the essence of summertime. May is an important and exciting month in the produce world. It is National Strawberry Month! Although strawberries are definitely the star of this salad, it has included avocado and baby spinach to fully round out the kabob. Avocado and strawberry pair well together to create a creamy, sweet taste profile and the spinach adds the pleasant crunch we all expect in our salads, so enjoy the Strawberry Salad Kabobs!!
Author: Lori Taylor
Lori Taylor is the Founder & CEO of The Produce Moms. For ten years she sold fresh produce to over 300 grocery stores throughout the United States, and today she is fully focused on working with the produce supply chain, media, and government to increase fresh produce access & consumption in the US and around the globe. View all posts by Lori Taylor @ loveandlemons.com
Strawberries are one of our favorite fruits because they go way beyond their terrific taste. These beautiful red berries are heart healthy, high in vitamin C, and an excellent source of manganese.
Recipe is for 4 kabobs
- 8 strawberries washed and trimmed
- 1/2 avocado cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp poppy seed dressing
1. Start by washing and trimming the strawberries and cutting the avocado. Toss the avocado wedges in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
2. Assemble the kabobs by placing one strawberry on first, followed by an avocado wedge, baby spinach, and one more strawberry.
3. Serve with your choice of dressing.