We are looking for a highly competent, outgoing, detail-oriented and driven person to join our staff as Development Coordinator. The position is a long term, part time salaried position with potential to become full time for the right person, invested in the sustainability of LEFDP. This position will provide vital support to the LEFDP Executive Director, Education Coordinator and Program Staff by coordinating fundraising efforts, managing events, and overseeing grant processes. This is a core position for LEFDP and the Development Coordinator will participate in strategic planning, regular staff planning and coordination.
Development Coordination: (75%)
- Manage three LEFDP farm events per year – spring Sheep to Shawl Fair, fall Feast in the Fields benefit, and fall Harvest Festival – including securing sponsorships, soliciting donations, volunteer recruitment, event coordination and vendor management.
- Reach out to the local and regional agricultural and business communities to develop corporate sponsorship relationships to help sustain LEFDP programs.
- Forge corporate volunteer partnerships, including recruitment, management and stewardship of volunteers.
- Implement and manage fundraising efforts in collaboration with the LEFDP team.
- Coordinate donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Support LEFDP Director in developing and maintaining relationships with donors.
- Maintain LEFDP grant and donor database (Salesforce software).
- Manage limited grant submissions including research, writing, editing, reporting and check-ins with LEFDP Director on goals and objectives.
- Maintain LEFDP grant database (Salesforce software).
- Co-create and co-manage annual program budget with LEFDP Director and Board.
- Develop annual fundraising plan and update quarterly for Director and Board.
- Manage donor and supporter electronic and print communications using mail merge, e-communications programs and tracking communications in the LEFDP database.
- Aid Director with in-house and volunteer production of LEFDP marketing materials and solicit outside help as needed.
- Assist in creation and implementation of communications plan including content for LEFDP web and social media.
- Represent LEFDP in community events, networks, and service club meetins (eg. Rotary).
- Participate in community and school events and fairs to promote LEDP volunteer opportunities and recruit volunteers.
- Engage in community networking to raise awareness and promote LEFDP.
Operations and Finance Management: (5%)
- Work with staff to coordinate and ensure the integrity of the processing of donations.
- Review quarterly Profit and Loss reports with LEFDP Director to ensure financial integrity of LEFDP.
- Participate in quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
Program Support (5%)
- Recruit volunteers for LEFDP events ad programs from local community, workplaces, schools, service clubs, and congregations.
- Provide program support in collaboration with LEFDP Director and LEFDP Education Coordinator.
- Proven success in developing diverse revenue streams for nonprofits, specifically youth, farm or outdoor education programs.
- Event coordination experience, and demonstrated success.
- Corporate sponsorship experience, and demonstrated success.
- Volunteer management experience, and demonstrated success.
- Grant writing experience, and demonstrated success
- Passion for development and relationship building.
- Strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills.
- High level of attention to detail and time management.
- Dependable with thorough follow through.
- Strong computer skills, including communications design programs such as Pages, broadcast email/text programs such as Constant Contact, MS Office suite, and Google Apps.
- Ability to carry the brand and be the face of LEFDP.
- Bilingual Spanish speaker.
- Experience and understanding of Latina/o culture.
- Farming or gardening experience and skills.
- Experience with or willingness to learn donor information systems and website management programs such as Salesforce and WordPress.
- Familiarity with are agricultural business and philanthropic sectors,
The position will be filled by February 2016. We are most interested in hiring someone willing to make a long term, multi-year commitment. The minimum contract for the position will last through December 2016.
This is a 20 hours per week, part time position with some seasonal fluctuation and paid vacation, sick time and holidays. We are a very small organization ready to grow with you. We believe in a living wage, we are very family friendly and we are working towards offering competitive salaries. Your work can help us get there. Salary commensurate with experience. Organic produce available.
Please send a cover letter, resume and relevant writing sample to Jessica Ridgeway at firstname.lastname@example.org