We have big plans for 2015 and you can help us make it all happen. We hope to offer more 2-4 night overnight programs for schools and organizations, interested in living and working on the farm. We plan on hosting about 1000 kids on field trips in the spring and fall. We will offer five summer camps for up to 25 kids each week, with a variety of themes throughout June, July and August. In addition, we will continue to host the Santa Cruz Montessori Wavecrest Middle School program every Thursday and our monthly Homeschool, Wee Ones, and Small Farmers programs, not to mention the Sheep to Shawl Fair in March and the Harvest Festival in October.
We have some behind the scenes projects in mind for 2015 as well. We will be making a final transition to a Constituent Relationship Management database, which on the back end is as complicated as it sounds. Also, LEFDP is building its very own website, in order to efficiently provide teachers, students and community members all the information they need to participate in our programs AND we will launch our own blog including a farming tips, tricks and techniques section to expand the information we provide at the farm to a much wider community.
Reaching this variety of students of all ages would be so much harder for our small staff of three without your help. Here is what you can do.
- Consider making a gift on #GivingTuesday: https://events.r2it.com/birdies/r.aspx?site=MontereyPeninsulaFoundation&charity=LEFDP
- Join us as a volunteer for our Calling Party tonight on the farm, at the Sheep to Shawl Fair in March or anytime in the garden and fields.
- Join our lean mean Board of Directors. Contact Jessica if you are interested: LEFDPDirector@gmail.com
- Help us get the word out on social media, using @LEFDP and the hashtag #GivingTuesday
- Take photos to post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Do something kind for another person.
Today is the day and we need your help to grow our impact on the children and families of the Santa Cruz, Monterey and Santa Clara counties.