Dear Farm Discovery & Live Earth Family,
In this time of isolation, we wanted to reach out to you all and let you know we are thinking of you. We understand that this is an uncertain time for all and that some members of our community may be facing extreme challenges as a result. We have been inspired by other organizations’ creative ideas for staying engaged and, as a team, Farm Discovery at Live Earth wants to support and uplift you all any way we can.
We are keeping positive at the farm and planning on utilizing this time to refocus both on the land, but also on our greater community. We miss not having community members on the farm, so we’ve resolutely decided to find ways to bring the farm to you! Below is our plan for the next month, visit us on Instagram for daily content.
Projects to Support our Community
- Daily Farm updates
- Visit us digitally everyday to see the fields progress and learn about how we work with the land (and the weather!).
- We’ll also make sure to share little moments of beauty in nature we notice out in the field.
- Join us Live for on a farm walk Monday (Live 10:30am PST) #FDFarmWalk
- Plant Identification & Uses – Monday
- Learn plant names and uses. Being able to identify plants around us and know their health benefits can be instrumental in developing connection to and understanding of our natural surroundings. #FDPlantID
- Cooking, Baking and More! – Tuesday
- Check out our favorite recipes and preserving projects. #FDCooking
- Mindfulness & Yoga – Wednesday (live at 3pm PST)
- Join us for short mindfulness practices, guided meditation for kids and Yoga poses to sooth anxiousness. #FDYoga
- DIY & Re-purposing – Thursday
- Check out our favorite natural crafts including home goods like dye and soap and ways to re-purpose. #FDdiy
- Health & Wellness – Friday
- Tips and tricks for staying healthy (mind and body, physical and immune systems). #FDHealth
- Paying it Forward – Saturday
- We also want to continue to inspire others to get involved in the community from home through ‘reach-out’ challenges, calling on ya’ll to share positively with others as well. #FDGive
- Earth Care – Sunday
- Facts, tips, and tricks for living life as an environmental steward.
- We’ll address a different theme each week. #FDEarthCare
- Advice: let us know if you’re gardening or planning on it and have any questions. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org We’d love to chat! You can also support us by getting your seeds from Renees Garden with coupon code: FR338A at check out
2. Harnessing our program energy to prepare for the future when you all will be back.
- Implementing no-till, regenerative agriculture methods like we’ve always dreamed.
- Growing more even more food.
- Building education installations and making repairs to infrastructure.
- Nurturing our wild spaces, continuing to provide healthy habitats for wildlife with few options in lieu of habitat fragmentation and destruction.
3. Partnering with other community organizations to get Farm Discovery Produce to the doorsteps of those in need.
We so appreciate the support from the community that continues to make the work we do possible and our hearts stay with you all. Below is a poem written by Fr. Richard Hendrick about COVID 19. It gave us perspective and we hope it does the same for you.
Wishing you well, With Love
The Farm Discovery & Live Earth Team