This days could may be cold, but Farm Discovery won’t let the chill stop them. Cozy meals and easy dinners that can feed (and warm up) a crowd are always a hit. We’re pretty sure that there is absolutely no better way to warm up than with a big bowl of this white bean and kale soup!!
This is one of our favorite recipes from loveandlemons.com Check them out for more great recipes!
Kale is a wonderfully healthy and versatile vegetable that can sometimes be hard to get young and old alike to eat. This recipe is a great way to get kale in everyone’s bowl and love it!
Recipe is serves 2 as a main dish. Double the recipe for family or leftovers!
- A few tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 chopped shallots (or about half an onion)
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- 3 cups veggie broth (or more)
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 small bunch kale, chopped, coarse parts of the stems removed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- A few pinches of red pepper flakes
- Parmesan or pecorino cheese, shaved or grated, for garnish (optional)
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and cook until they’re beginning to turn translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add the carrots, garlic, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt and stir. Continue cooking until the mushrooms wilt down, another 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally (turn down the heat on your stove slightly if your vegetables start to burn).
- Add the white wine and stir to get the bits off the bottom of the pan (optional), and cook until the liquid reduces, 5-7 minutes. Add the broth, white beans, and rosemary and bring to a boil. Add the kale. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or so.
- Mix in the sherry vinegar (optional), tarragon, and chives. Toss in a few pinches of red pepper flakes. Taste and add more salt & pepper to your liking.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.