This is THE FAVORITE recipe from our Friendsgiving, Live Virtual Culinary Event.
(you can still get the replay until December 2nd – friendsgiving replay)
Thanks to Chef Martin Hoellrigl of Capitola Garden Feast
for generously sharing his talents and expertise for this event and with you.
- 2 cups pumpkins or butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chardonnay
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp each sea salt, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg
- Peel the pumpkin or squash, remove seeds, and seed structure, and cut into walnut size pieces.
- To enhance flavors, you could roast the pieces on a lightly oiled pan at 400 degrees for 20 minutes with local honey or maple syrup (optional).
- If you skip step 2, in a large pot combine all ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- If you roast the pumpkin, combine all ingredients in a large pot with the roasted pumpkin and bring to a boil.
- Transfer into a blender and puree.
- Taste, and add any additional seasoning before serving.
- Decorate with pumpkin seed oil, ginger bread croutons, or herbs