We have the perfect recipe for you this holiday season! Everyone at Farm Discovery loved this one. In this season of celebrating, why not get your vitamin E, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, manganese, and potassium with your sweets?
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ tablespoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squash lengthwise, peel and remove seeds.
- Place on baking sheet cut side down, rub with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 to 20 min until just tender.
- Let squash cool slightly.
- Make tiny slices in the squash about 1/8 in apart. Make sure you do not cut all the way through, to help with this, place a butter knife on each side of the squash to stop your knife from cutting all the way through.
- Drizzle the squash with olive oil, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting prepare glaze. Place butter, maple syrup, and pecans in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, remove and let cool.
- After 20 minutes, remove the squash and drizzle with half the maple pecan glaze, then roast for another 20-30 minutes until fork tender.
- To serve, move squash to a serving plate and drizzle remaining glaze on the squash.